|Tax Status:||Inc. Tax|
Victoria Park London UK|
Joan is a steel narrowboat and has been extensively renovated since purchase, making it a perfect liveaboard. She is 70ft long and 6ft wide. She has a recently serviced Lister SR3 105 engine
I bought Joan as a family home just over a year ago but life circumstances has drastically changed leading to a need to sell up. I tried to keep the build as open plan and functional as possible being mindful or both storage space and adaptability. She is very spacious and at 6'4" in height and is much higher than many narrow boats out there. Although long I have never had issue finding a mooring spot as a CC'er in London.
The boat was last removed from the water for blacking in October 2019, Engine serviced in August 2019 and Surveyed in October 2018. I am happy to share the survey with any prospective buyers.
- At the front of the boat is a large bow area where you can sit and watch the world go by. At the front of the bow is a gas storage chamber where two gas bottles are stored.
- As you enter the boat through the doors there is some shelving where jackets, shoes and books can be stored. The step pulls out in order to give access to a large area for further storage, where you can also access the 500 litre water tank that was fitted earlier this year.
- A 12V car stereo with 2 speakers can play music through any Bluetooth device. The speakers are clear and pack a punch!
- The stove in the main living area is a Morso Squirrel and provides ample heat when needed.
- In the main living area there is a sizeable fitted couch that is modular in design and can be used as a second double bed or an expanded couch. Underneath the couch there is also additional storage.
- The kitchen area includes a 4 hob stove and oven, an LEC 12v (efficient!) fridge with box freezer, and plenty of storage for pots, pans and food. You can monitor the batteries housed in the engine room through a battery monitor in the kitchen so you can easily keep an eye on power usage.
- In the bathroom there is a compost toilet with an extractor fan. There is also a small bath and shower heated by a gas water heater, a sink unit with storage underneath and large mirror.
- The bedroom features a king sized bed that is raised quite high from the ground. Underneath the bed there are two wheeled storage bins the length of the bed that can be pulled out for easy access providing a lot of storage. There is also a converted gas bottle stove in the bedroom that quickly heats up and a clothes rail where clothes can be hung.
- The engine room is spacious with plenty of storage for fuel or many no daily use items.
- The large battery bank in the engine room with a large 3 panel solar array provides ample energy in the summer and the alternator connected to the Lister Engine provides top up power during winter months.
- Bikes can be securely locked to the rear of the boat.
Built 1978, steel construction
Engine Lister SR3 105
500L water tank (fitted summer 2019)
675AH domestic 12v battery bank with deep cycle trojan T105 batteries (batteries purchased a year ago) charged by 3 x 220w solar panels on the roof.
Water is heated using Rinnai BU150 gas water heater
240v sockets throughout the boat, with a switch for the inverter in the bedroom area.
2 x 12v sockets in the living room area and 4 x double USB ports provide low energy options.
Low powered LED lighting throughout the boat.
|Builder:||Don Pride Boatbuilder.|
|No. of engines:||1|
|Engine model:||Lister SR3 105|
|Drive type:||Shaft drive|
|Length over all:||70'|
Lister SR3 105 - Serviced August 2019